Monday, December 20, 2010

Home Update

We've been home a few days now, and I'm so happy to report that Jacob seems to be feeling better. In fact, I'd say at least 80% of the complaints have completely disappeared, and of the remaining 20%, most are easily redirect-able, and only one time did he really cry and insist he was in pain. And that was right after he refluxed, so I understand that one!

We are really beginning to address the aggressive behavior, and hope to have that well under control after a couple of weeks of being home with us 100% of the time, and we have everyone reacting the same way to his aggression. I will say that the aggression has dramatically dropped off, too, as I'm sure a big part of that was reacting to pain. We always knew that his aggression skyrocketed when he was in pain.

So, hopefully this new medication will be the one that helps, and we can move on from this episode!

Adoption news: No word on Ohio child abuse clearances, but I called, left a message, and emailed two people for update requests. Let's see if any of those actually produce an answer. I'm not holding my breath. We have pending clearances from other states. I spoke to one person today and she said they faxed the clearances to our homestudy agency. They are refaxing to them. For the other state, I'm waiting on a return phone call. Both of these states (Idaho and Nevada) were VERY speedy last year with the clearances. Ohio is the only slowpoke of those we need. I still hope to maybe be ready to submit to USCIS by the end of the month. Let's hope.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment