Tuesday, April 12, 2011

USCIS

I phoned the friendly folks at USCIS yesterday to inquire about our progress. After a few questions, I was transfered to an oh-so-unhelpful voicemail with promises to return my phone call 'as soon as possible". So, undeterred, I tried again today.
And, they told me that our I 800a was APPROVED as of April 7th! YAHOOOOOOO!!!!! It did not come in the mail today, so I am very much expecting it tomorrow.

With this being our 4th international adoption, you think we would be more accustomed to the "hurry and and wait....then SPRINT to the next level" process inherent in the system. Not so.

I will update again when I have that golden ticket in my hot little hand, and then be updating much more frequently as we have more news to report.

After watching the Dateline special "The Boy From Babyhouse 10" on Sunday, and knowing that both of our sons are living in institutions, our determination to break them free and bring them home as soon as possible has intensified!

No comments:

Post a Comment