Wednesday, May 18, 2011

More "Paper Babies"

Jim has gone to Columbus to apostille another request to our chosen EE country. We are requesting permission to adopt "Matt" and "Derrick". I would post a photo of Derrick, but I don't know how, so that will have to wait until Jim is back from Columbus!

Deciding to proceed with the adoption of another child in addition to "Matt" was not too difficult. The very difficult part was deciding which child. As we reviewed all of the children available to us, saying "I like him" (we are staying with only boys) seemed to be saying "I don't like HIM" to another child. And, I don't like the feeling of "replacing" Jacob/Henry with a different child.

But, we are ready to turn Jacob/Henry's tragic death into a blessing for someone else. And Derrick is the child we have chosen.

More soon,

Mary

3 comments:

  1. so sorry about Jacob. but I am happy you were able to go ahead and choose another son, Jacob will always be in your heart and the great thing is you can tell Derrick that his brother Jabob saved his life and brought him to you. I am so happy you are bringing Derrick home I can't wait to see new pictuers of him in your arms and with his brother Matt. can you email me sometime? I would like to talk to you about how the adoption process has gone for you. we just got back from Russia with our son Vahnya and are thinking about one day going to the country your boys are in for our next adoption. my email is katrina9@clear.net our blog is
    http://www.bringingjosiahhome.blogspot.com/
    Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers as you move forward with adopting Derrick...I do agree; it's heartbreaking that saying "yes" to one seems like "no" to others. My heart hurts for you that Jacob/Henry did not have a chance to join your family, but there is much joy for the one who WILL join you because you choose to still bring home two. Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on you new little guy... Bless your big hearts...
    Please keep us in your prayers and you remain in ours...

    Carla
    www.bringinghenryhome.blogspot.con

    ReplyDelete