Friday, May 13, 2011

Mother's Day

No, today is not Mother's Day. That was Sunday. Moms: What were you doing on Mother's Day this year? Mother's Day 2011 will always be bittersweet to me. I had my kids here, and that was great. I got a wonderful book that each one "signed" with a special personal message. I missed my mom, but know she is a much better place and can rejoice that I had the privilege of caring for her for the last 20 years of her life.
I got to pick dinner, and my wonderful husband cooked it (which, I'm happy to say, is the norm around here...he does the vast majority of the cooking). I went to church, the kids were pretty good, and it was First Communion Mass. I love going to First Communion Mass.
And I eagerly anticipated hearing sometime the next week that our dossier was submitted, we had our confirmation and could travel with a few weeks to meet our newest boys. Yes, Mother's Day 2011 WAS a great day while I was experiencing it.

We got a call this morning. I was so excited when the call came in. NOW, I will find out when we can travel.

It wasn't THAT call. Instead, I was tearfully informed that just 2 days before Mother's Day 2011, a mother's worst nightmare occurred, and I did not even know, and I could not even do anything.

Our "Jacob" passed away. The words were numb in my ear, in my head.

Today we mourn our child, who never knew us. I think that is the hardest. If he had come home, been loved, fed, tickled, hugged, and then died, well, at least I would know he knew a family's love. But life cheated him.

I am not eloquent in writing. I tend to ramble. But Jim is great and has expressed it very well....read it here....www.apapastory.blogspot.com
And a dear, dear friend of mine, also much more eloquent than I, shared her feelings: http://martiniadoptionroad.blogspot.com/

I can't add anything to these.
Mary

11 comments:

  1. Praying for your family, I am so sorry about your son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so, so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand your hurt. We lost 'Marlena' in February. If you need anything please let me know. I will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My prayers are for your family as you mourn the loss of your sweet son. My God grant you comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Mary... I am so sorry to hear of your loss. We are praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so very sorry for your loss, Mary. I can't even begin to imagine how difficult this must be for you and your family. My thoughts and prayers are with you. May the Lord hold you tight and bring you comfort.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry. This is such a sad thing to have happen. We are so sad for the loss of your son Jacob. We send our hugs and prayers for you as you grieve this huge loss.
    The Archers in MN

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry for your loss. Heartbreaking!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read your post on the RRyahoo group. I am so so sorry for your tremendous loss. I will keep your family in my prayers and particularly ask Our Blessed Mother to comfort you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I commented on your husband's post as well.....I am so, so sorry to read this news. This child had a special place in my heart and I have prayed much for him. Prayers for your family during this sad time. Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mary, I'm so so sorry for your loss... Praying for comfort and peace in this very sad time. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete