Wednesday, July 13, 2011

2 more days.....

Not really, but I keep telling myself I have 2 more days to get all of this "stuff" done. Why do we always leave so much to the end? I really thought I was much better prepared this time......

Jacob had a sleep study last night and a scope of his airway this morning. The sleep study went pretty well, I think. They are not allowed to give me any "results", but I did find out they did not need to put any oxygen on, so that's a good sign. The scope went well, and although he still has severe tracheomalacia and laryngomalcia, there was some improvement where his lungs begin, so we are very happy. Progress, finally. The ENT will review the sleep study in conjunction with her findings of the scope and make follow up recommendations. Check that off my list of things to do.  I think I have managed to have refills for all prescriptions here and ready to go so no one will run out of their meds. Check.  Doctors have been notified that we will be out of town and older sibs will be in charge if anything needs to be done. Check.

We still have to pack, of course (that's what Friday morning is for...we leave the house about 9:30 am....plenty of time to get everything in suitcases!), but I do have piles of stuff to take here, there and everywhere.

I am trying to wrap up work stuff. Despite my best efforts, everything was not completed last week, and some things MUST be done before I leave.

We meet tomorrow to finalize schedules for child care for the kiddos here. And to notarize the permission for treatment.

Jim is taking much of his work with him...kinda cool to be able to travel half way around the world with a broadcast studio in your carry-on luggage.  He will still be on the air from Eastern Europe.  I will also take work with me, but writing MAR's is not NEARLY as exciting as broadcasting.

I'm so excited about meeting our two new sons. I'll try to post again before we go.
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment