Thursday, July 28, 2011

2nd to last visit

I can't put it off any longer. I must post. I'm very sad about having to leave Screech. But, it is a different sad than leaving Dido. I really feel that Screech will be ok while we are gone. I want him to KNOW we will return, but he  will not be able to KNOW that, so we will tell him and trust that God will fill in the blanks for him. Dido, I'm HOPING he will be ok, and praying that God will take care of him.

Today's visit, as each successive one, was the best ever. There was a lot of digging, boy "construction" (read...destruction) going on behind the orphanage playground. PERFECT for little (and big) boys. I, apparently,  am NOT proper contstruction viewing  parentage, as Screech CLEARLY, EMPHATICALLY preferred papa to help him oversee the work being done. I was relegated to photographer. I was wearing a skirt...what can I expect......

There was lots of dirt, machinery, noise, all manner of manly things going on, and I clearly was out of that picture. But I surely enjoyed the view of my two guys supervising.

I did get to talk to the doctor about some diagnosis that appear on Screech's official referral (for the record, he DOES NOT have trisomy 18 AND trisomy 13, in addition to trisomy 21!). And we got to feed him part of his lunch, which he was not particularly fond of. Make sure you view the photos and videos here.

Afternoon visit was more of the same, with some tree pod pulling thrown in. I can't believe that tomorrow morning, our visits will be done. I hope we can make it back here soon to get these guys.

After the morning visit, we will return to Sofia, without a break to blog, so the next update will be tomorrow evening, Bulgaria time.

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment