Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Countdown Begins

One week from tomorrow, we leave for eastern Europe. And one week from this coming Monday, we will meet  one of our boys.
We have half completed checklists all over the house. And today is the first day that I have actually felt like we were running out of time to get things done. Of course, it doesn't help that yesterday I took on another client in my Delegated Nursing business!

I have been pretty busy working through medical issues with Jacob, Joey and Matt. Jake has had a GI scope in the past 2 weeks, and next week, he will have a sleep study and ENT will scope him. He continues to have stomach pain, and some behavioral concerns to match, but we are finding good support, finally, in getting to the bottom of these things. Joey has begun a series of treatments for an endocrine issue, and Matt continues with severe obstructive sleep apnea, and finding appropriate treatments for that.  Jim has been doing the orthodontist runs with James.

I've done most of the shopping I had to do for our trip, and I have started making packing piles. I have a couple of other things to pick up. We are still arranging child care. The camps did not come through for us, so we have to make sure everyone here is taken care of.

So T-7 days......

Mary

1 comment: